Terms and Conditions
The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
The UVH are registered with the District Court and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in The Hague. For further information go to khn.nl/uvh-en.
Hotel Breukelen has formulated a number of house rules of what is expected of our visitors within Hotel Breukelen and what you can expect from us. When entering Hotel Breukelen, the house rules of Hotel Breukelen apply and you agree with the house rules drawn up as below.
All instructions from Hotel Breukelen employees, related to the house rules, must be followed immediately.
1. GENERAL HOUSE RULES FOR YOUR AND OUR SAFETY
- The employees of Hotel Breukelen ensure your safety. In the event of an emergency, the emergency plan comes into effect. You are kindly but urgently requested to follow any instructions from the employees.
- At Hotel Breukelen we treat each other with respect and it is therefore forbidden to make insults or make discriminatory comments. It is also forbidden to sexually intimidate our guests and employees by word or gesture (action).
- To safeguard the peace, order and safety within Hotel Breukelen, it is forbidden to use or threaten to use force.
- Cameras hang in various public places within the hotel. Everyone who is in our hotel agrees to the recordings of these cameras. In case of calamities and / or incidents, these recordings can be shown as supporting material to third parties.
- You must return lost property to reception.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended at the Hotel Breukelen location and in your car. Hotel Breukelen is not liable for loss, damage or theft of your belongings. Parking, both in the parking lot and in the vicinity of Hotel Breukelen, is at your own risk.
- Hotel Breukelen does not make its location available for purposes other than those set out in our policy, therefore it is forbidden to trade, heal or offer services. The amount of a room already paid will not be refunded.
- In all cases not provided for in these regulations, the management of hotel Van der Valk Breukelen will decide.
- In any case, stay calm in case of fire!
- Report the fire directly to the reception (number 9 on the phone in your room) or notify staff by striking the nearest fire detector.
- Stay low to the ground in case of strong smoke development.
- Never use the lifts.
- With a general fire alarm, leave the building as soon as possible.
- In case of fire, instructions from hotel staff and regular hotel procedures should be followed.
- Each hotel room door has a floor plan with the nearest emergency exits and instructions.
3. EMERGENCY EXITS
All emergency exits are clearly indicated in the corridors, with emergency lighting. The emergency exits are only used in the event of a fire or at the direction of personnel. It is therefore not permitted to use the emergency exits as normal entrances and exits.
In the event of an accident, call 112 immediately and report this to reception (number 9). Hotel Breukelen employs emergency response personnel. They are trained to assess certain situations and to quickly initiate external professional assistance.
5. CHECK IN
- Anyone aged 18 or older can book a room. Each travel group must have at least 1 person aged 18 or over. The person who (also) books for other participants is liable for all others that he or she registers. With regard to underage travelers, it must be demonstrated that parents or guardians have granted permission. If a traveler is not yet 18 years old, we kindly request you to contact us by telephone.
- A valid ID must be presented upon check-in.
- Check-in is from 3:00 PM and check-out must be before 12:00 PM. If you wish to stay longer or want a late check out when booking (until max. 17:00 and only possible in our comfort and deluxe rooms (no suites, superior or comfort plus rooms) and only based on availability), you must request this before 12:00 PM at reception. The extension must also be settled before 12:00, after which we will extend your room pass.
- After 23:00 the annex is closed, guests without a pre-made reservation can only be checked in the main building.
6. CAMERA MONITORING
Cameras hang in various places within the hotel. Everyone who is in our hotel agrees to make recordings. In case of calamities and / or incidents, these recordings can be shown as supporting material to third parties.
Hotel Breukelen is not responsible for the loss or theft of your belongings.
8. OBJECTS FOUND OR LOST OBJECTS
- You can contact the reception for lost or found items
- Any food or drinks left in a checked-out room will be thrown away.
9. PROPERTIES OF THE HOTEL
It is forbidden to:
- Stay in the room with more guests than booked for. These people are required to identify themselves at the reception.
- Smoke in the room. In the case we acknowledge this has happened in the room we will be charging the guests with a €250,- cleaning fee. This fine will also be used in case of disabling and/or covering the smoke detector. In case the firealarm is triggered by smoking in the room, we will charge you the firetruck costs of €275,-.
- Light (tealight) candles in the room.
- Cause disturbance in and around the hotel due to hard music, obnoxious behaviour and/or noise of any kind.
- Use, consume and/or trade prohibited substances in or around the hotel.
- Use, consume, trade and/or carry nitrous oxide (tanks).
- Hire a room in your name without staying in the room yourself.
We handle a zero tolerance policy. This mean that, in the case of not comply to our huisregels, we will give one warning. In case you do not follow this given warning, you will be requested to leave the hotel premises immediatly. There will not be given a refund and any deposit paid will be retained. By signing you will agree to comply with our houserules. Without a signature we will be unable to check you in.